How to Stay Away from Gingivitis?
Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gums, an initial stage of gum disease that’s easiest to treat. The direct cause of gingivitis is plaque – the soft, sticky, colourless film of bacteria that always forms on the teeth and gums.
If the plaque is not removed with the daily brushing, it produces poisons that can irritate the gum tissue, causing gingivitis. At this early stage in gum disease, damage can be recovered, by taking care of your teeth. If left untreated, gingivitis can become periodontitis and cause permanent damage to your teeth and jaw.
Symptoms of Gingivitis
In such situations, healthy gums are pale pink and fitted tightly around the teeth. The common signs and symptoms of gingivitis include:
- Swollen irregular gum
- Dusky red or dark red gum
- Gums that bleed easily when you brush
- Bad breath
- Receding Gums
- Tender Gums
How to Prevent Gingivitis?
- Proper brushing and flossing to remove plaque and debris and control tartar buildup.
- Proper maintenance ensures adequate nutrition for your jawbone and teeth.
- Avoiding cigarettes and intake of Tobacco.
- Scheduling regular checkups with your dentist.
To properly understand the source of gingivitis, consult your dental expert. You can call us at Smiles First Cornwall for an expert opinion! Don’t let that gingivitis develop!
– The Smiles First Cornwall Team